Friday, February 21, 2014

Poetry Friday: I'm a Little Snowman!

Happy Poetry Friday! This poem's an original that was published in the February 2014 issue of Highlights High Five magazine, posted here with permission from Highlights for Children, Inc. It's an action rhyme, recited to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot" but with a snow-themed twist. The cute illustrations of the snowman are by Gary LaCoste, and the photos are by Guy Cali Associates, Inc. After you read this post, you can check out Karen Edmisten's blog for more Poetry Friday fun!


I'm a Little Snowman, short and round.
Here are my eyes and the arms you found. 
When the sun in springtime hits the ground, 
See me vanish without a sound.

3 comments:

  1. A very nice action poem for the preschool and K set! Nice photos they set to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Donna. I love the photos, too...and the cute little illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! And congrats on the publication in Highlights!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...